We’ve set up this step-by-step guide to help you along your way to making those initial measurements, all from the comfort of your own home. Our team of experts are only a phone call away to assist you! 01622 752349.
- Follow the link below to our foot measuring form. Save it and then print it ensuring the page scaling is set to 100% updated size guide(1)
- With your child standing straight and tall, place their heel at the bottom of the page on the black line.
- Repeat this step with the other foot. It is important to check both feet as the majority of us have one foot slightly bigger than the other. For comfort, always follow the sizing of the larger foot.
- Follow the scale on the left for UK sizes. Follow the scale on the right for EU sizes (this is relevant where some our styles from European brands, e.g. Geox follow EU size scales)
- Browse our fabulous collections online by clicking this link.
- If at any point you have concerns please email us ( [email protected] ) a picture of the form with an outline of your child’s foot and then give us a call on 01622 752349.
- Once they have arrived, check out our next blog “Fit checks from home” to check the fitting of your new shoes!
A note on measuring width fitting:
Please follow previous fittings if you have these available to reference; F, G or H, and stick with this. You will be able to find these either in the label of your child’s current pair of shoes, or on your Golden Boot Loyalty card. If you are unsure, and unless your child has very narrow feet, we would recommend going with width fitting G – as a little bit of wriggle room is better than being too tight!
Remember that if you are buying a brand like Geox or Sketchers, these do not come with different widths fittings. Start-rite summer canvas styles also only come in single width fittings – F – but with previous experience, we have found these to always fit well on all shaped feet. The straps on the Start-rite canvas shoes always come longer than Clark’s doodle styles, so great for Children with a high instep.
We have extended our returns policy to 60 days for all orders placed from 20.03.2020 until further notice.